Tuesday 12 August 2014

Rajinikanth makes Bollywood's Rohit Shetty faint



While many top actors want to work with director Rohit Shetty, he says that he wishes to director Amitabh Bachchan and Rajinikanth. "I had the fortune of meeting Rajini Sir in Hyderabad just recently. I went to visit him on his set and he was about to go for a shot. But when he heard I had come to see him, he walked across to me; greeted me and said, 'Rohit, I love your work. I'm a great fan.' I was about to faint. I kept telling myself, this is Rajinikanth Sir, who according to me, is the biggest star in the universe. Yet he was so humble. He had no hang-ups about walking across to me and paying me a compliment. I spent half an hour with him and it was such a fabulous experience. I kept marvelling about how grounded he is. I'm nothing in front of him, yet he made me feel so special," he gushes.

The Bollywood director reveals that he had also taken pictures with the Superstar but director KS Ravikumar requested him not to put them up online as they might reveal information on Rajinikanth's role in Lingaa.

Quiz him if he will consider making a bilingual film if he gets to work with Rajinikanth, and he laughs, "My films have already become bilingual. When everyone saw Chennai Express, they said it was a bilingual. But I am proud that Chennai Express is the highest grossing Hindi film down south. Likewise, the Singham films have a fair share of Marathi in them. My detractors are only accusing me of blowing up cars. What they have not realised is that my films have the potential to cross language barriers. New avenues have opened for Hindi films and I'm proud and happy about it. Coming back to the original question, I would love to do a bilingual film sometime soon.

source : toi